- Individuals must apply as part of a team of three—two mid-career researchers and one mid-career community partner. Teams can be newly formed or already existing.
- Researchers must have a terminal degree in their field (PhD, MD, DrPH) or extensive research or evaluation experience.
- Community partners must have close ties to a community of interest and must have the potential to take action on the issue themselves or have relationships with entities that can take action.
- Teams must include members from diverse disciplines and perspectives. We seek innovation and novel partnerships, including people from diverse perspectives or fields that traditionally do not study health (e.g., engineering and anthropology).
- Teams do not need to be located in the same geographic area, but should articulate a plan for maintaining team cohesion. Fellows do not need to relocate; they will continue working in their home communities.
The best way to see who this program is for is to meet our current fellows. But keep in mind that this is just the start—the experience will only grow stronger as new fellows from many other backgrounds, disciplines and perspectives round out this growing group. Imagine yourself on the team!
2022 APPLICATION PROCESS
* Timeline subject to change. Check back for updates.
Application Process Overview
Here is a quick guide to help you prepare a successful application.